i am an experienced queer identified therapist working extensively in the field over the last seven years in order to build up my practice and experience. these include:
- offering brief intervention therapy to young students in a higher education setting
- working with people experiencing problems with gambling on a pilot scheme in South Wales
- being part of a university based counselling & research clinic providing free counselling to the general public
in the last few years, i worked for a charity in the UK focussing on providing counselling for those living with and affected by HIV and Hep C, as well as sexual health and sexual practices. this work also included working with asylum seekers and refugees.
from my own lived experience, and through my work with the charity, I increased my specialism in working with LGBTQ+ identities. i also undertook gaining additional theoretical knowledge around sexual practices by completing a diploma in Psychosexual Therapy in 2015.
alongside this, i have also ran a successful private practice for the last five years, seeing clients in my local community.
to give you an idea of the kinds of issues you might like to bring to therapy, i have compiled a list:
- chemsex / pnp
- sexuality & queer expression
- sexual violence / abuse
- gender identity
- living with a long term health condition
- drug and alcohol
- existential issues
- kink & BDSM
- relationship construction (e.g. poly)
- family issues
- Asperger’s Syndrome & autism
- bipolar & manic depression
- suicidal ideation
- low self-esteem
- childhood issues